What really makes this 5000 watt AIMS Power inverter special is its capability to run off at 48 volt DC which allows for more efficiency at higher loads. This makes the inverter very attractive to users using a 48 volt DC source or multiple batteries.
The biggest incentives for using inverters for electricity include the fact that they make little-to-no noise, making for a more peaceful environment for customers, and that they’re non-polluting, which makes for a great green-energy marketing campaign.
The unit features two easily-accessible AC outlets with a maximum output of 1500 watts. The 200 percent surge capabilities of this unit should only be used as a safety feature. Other safety features include over-temperature and over-load LED indicators that are used as a warning system for the operator. Also on the AC side of the unit are the battery voltage and amperage meters which display the usage levels of your battery bank. This inverter is equipped with dual cooling fans and over-temperature protection that keeps it from overheating.
- Continuous output power: 5000 Watts
- Surge power capability (peak power): 10,000 Watts
- dc input / operating voltage: 39 to 64 Volts
- Output voltage: 120 Volts ac +/- 10%
- Output wave form: modified sine wave with phase correction
- Output frequency: 60 Hz +/- 1 Hz
- Battery low voltage alarm: 40 +/- 0.5 Volts
- Battery low voltage shutdown: 38 +/- 0.5 Volts
- No load current: < 0.2 Amps
- Full load efficiency: 90%
- 1/3 load efficiency: 95%
- No load minimum operating temperature: -15 degrees Celsius
- Full load maximum operating temperature: 55 +/- 5 degrees Celsius (automatic shutdown)
- AC Output Socket Type: quadruple Type 2 -3 prong
- High input voltage protection: 64 volts
- Low input voltage shutdown: 38 volts
- Internal fuse protection
- UL maximum recommended per outlet 1500W