Home Forums Installation Patio Garden: How often should you add more working solution?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eben_D
    Participant

In step 6 of the patio garden instructions, it does not say when to add more working solution.

Are we supposed to empty the reservoir of the patio garden at any point?

Should you stop running the tower over winter, or when it can get below freezing?

Andrew Stotzer
    Participant

I have the same questions. What is the general procedure for getting it ready for winter? Hope you get an answer…

Wendy Brockway
    Participant

I am wondering the same. I’m just setting mine up.

Andrew Stotzer
    Participant

Basically it needs the solution all the time. The only thing to think about is when it runs out will that hurt the pump to run empty. I think the pump manual warns you about this. But I always check by feeling the bottom of the top diffuser and soil for wetness. And if I’m not sure, I keep a 5 gal paint stur stick nearby and stick it in the hole to check.

But I let mine run out of solution. The pump is only running for 2 minutes at a time, so it probably won’t get hurt if that happens a few times. I also asked about how to replace the solution and was told the ladle it into the top like when you first set it up. I do that, but if I’m in a hurry, I will pour half of it through the hole.

Hope this helps..

Andrew Stotzer
    Participant

I also asked about winter storage, and was told to just put the fiber in a garbage bag and stack the pots, and drain the pump. That’s about it. And don’t let your jugs freeze.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.