May 7, 2019 at 10:32 am #5294Larry JohnsonKeymaster
This step is important to see how the system runs before plants are installed.
April 9, 2021 at 9:43 pm #9955tvanvleetParticipant
- Fill reservoir with 2 gallons tap water.
- Add 1 TBSP bleach to the water to disinfect the entire system.
- Place the pump in the center of the reservoir.
- Remove one cap from the base lid to reveal a hole in the lid. Thread the pump’s cord up through this hole. Replace the cap, if desired.
- Place lid on the reservoir.
- Take the 2 pieces of pipe and couple them together.
- Using the appropriate threaded fitting (included), attach the pipe to the pump.
- Place one Quad Pot over the pipe and let it rest on the reservoir base.
- Add the second quad pot, turning it a quarter turn so it rests on top of the lower pot .
- Repeat until all pots are on the tower.
- Place the diffuser cup bubblier assembly on the pipe. This directs the nutrient solution from the pump down into the diffuser cup. Make sure the cap is fully open by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Plug in the pump to make sure the system runs correctly.
- Run the system for 15 minutes, unplug the pump, and empty completely.
Can you provide pictures for assembling? I believe I’m missing parts – but, I’m not sure what the parts are supposed to look like. I’ve had this for 2 weeks – and not able to use it. It would be very helpful as I found the directions are very poor. This isn’t very complicated if you know what things look like. What is “remove one cap from the base” – what is the base? is that the square metal box with holes cut into it? What is a diffuser? If I have these questions, then others do as well. This could all be simply addressed if there were photos to accompany the instructions showing how things fit together. It is very frustrating, and disappointing – and, something one would expect for the price paid.April 11, 2021 at 1:23 pm #9975Hervey CarrawayParticipant
Seconding this problem. None of the included fittings with my water pump seem to fit the PVC included, unless I’m just completely installing this incorrectly. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.