Home Forums Gardening New to all of this

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    joconnor
    Participant

I used an Aerogarden about 10 years ago, but other than that I’m a complete neophyte.

What is the preferred way to start vegetable seeds for my (soon to come) tower?

Sue Darby
    Participant

I started mine today in seed trays on the kitchen table. There’s several feet of snow still so I’m hoping my tower outpaces break up in Southcentral Alaska! I used plain potting soil and the fill it yourself trays that have the clear lid. Mine are 72 spot trays was only $10 locally up here. I have 3 different sets of peppers, 3 types of tomatoes (you’d be surprised at how well tomatoes like outdoors in the summer in Alaska – up to two years life and how late they produce if you bring them indoors – November!), lettuce, carrots, celery and radishes. Once the system gets here then I’ll plant the other herbs with the catnip & cat grass going into special pots for the cat.

In a couple weeks when I have seedlings I’ll likely share with a friend for her garden and plant the remainder in the tower.

joconnor
    Participant

I’m in Kenai. Where are you in South Central?
    I started a few trays of beans and peas and spinach. The spinach went straight to seed without ever doing for me.
    My tower got here yesterday and I’m excited to put my starts into it (hopefully I won’t shock them too badly as some of them are flowering already).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.